112 Emergency call
In case of emergency call 112 immediately
- On territory of Austria call 140 or 112
- On territory of Italy call 118 or 112
If an accident occurs in the mountains, it is necessary to act quickly and correctly in order to provide the best possible aid for the victim. In case the accident happens in inaccessible terrain or in bad weather, it may take some time before an ambulance arrives. In cases of such accidents, time is of a great importance. The most can be done immediately after the accident, so it is very important that we do our best to help. If danger of severe bleeding, respiratory distress or landslides exists, urgent action is necessary, since the survival curve in such cases decreases rapidly with time.
Basic steps of first aid:
- Calm yourself and others, think straight.
- Assess the situation.
- Protect yourself and the victim from possible dangers such as falling rocks, landslides and cold.
- Offer first aid to the extent of your ability.
- Call 112.
When you call, give the following information:
- Who is calling
- What happened
- Where it happened
- When it happened
- How many casualties are there
- What the injuries are
- What are the circumstances at the place
- What kind of help you need
Possible ways of emergency call:
- Mobile phone (mandatory equipment; before the tour check the battery condition)
- Intelligence points of GRS (located in all mountain huts)
Emergency call number 112 is also available in areas where signals of Slovenian, Austrian or Italian mobile operators mix.
Intelligence points of GRS
ŠAccident can also happen when we do not have a mobile phone of in an area that is not covered by the signal. In such case it is necessary that a written message about the accident is delivered to the nearest intelligence point. From there, the process continues the same way, as described above. Intelligence points are in mountain huts, farms and at the police stations in the valley. They are clearly indicated by the sign GRS.